The first and foremost benefit of technology integration in school is to go 1:1. Eventually, the most forward-thinking educational organizations are adopting 1:1 technology program to deliver enhanced learning experiences to the students.
Let us understand the benefits of integrating 1:1 technology program in schools.
The millennial students are adapting to technology, and there is a steady increase in the use of technology outside the school. Correspondingly, many schools are aligning themselves by choosing 1:1 technology programs to integrate technology into teaching and learning.
The main attribute of 1:1 technology program is to spike the interactivity and engagement. And, the research indicates that 1:1 technology program is beneficial for the students as it enhances the student achievement by solving the reading or writing problems, maths, and science problems.
Eventually, the technology integrated classes provide permission for students to access their personal tablet, netbook, or the laptop. Let us see, how the new evolving environment can impact the students learning abilities.
13 Benefits of 1:1 Technology Program in Schools:
- The documents and sources can be easily shared among the students by setting up a Google Classroom. The never ending line behind the Xerox machine could be curtailed to a greater extent.
- The students can create a virtual museum using Google Draw, and other tools instead of cut and paste collage preparation.
- The students can use Google forms and other online tools for writing and sharing in real time. The version history promotes honesty in learnings.
- The students can enhance curriculum learnings with more and in-depth research on the core subjects.
- Easy access to online resources promotes students with open-mindednesses, deliver cues to international learnings and participation.
- It facilitates the teacher to post assignments, notifications, or any other documentation quickly to the students.
- It promotes increased collaboration between the students and teachers and brings ownership quality for students.
- It facilitates the students to share their school’s story on social media, connect with distant friends, and prepare them for an active social life.
- It helps to create more learning outlets in a cost-effective manner. For example video presentation, recording a podcast, and more.
- As the students have ownership on devices, they can opt for the learning methods that best suits for their learning styles.
- The integration of reality technologies such as Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality or machine learning brings in more interaction and immersive learning.
- Facilitate students with more learning tools for learning management, classroom management, project management, and more.
- The use of mobile applications in learning fosters easy and personalized learning hours to revisit the chapters taught in school.
The technologies today are evolving and the learning methodologies too. And, there is no one-size-fits-all technology. Having an interconnected network with the support of teacher and technology is the way to learnings. The schools are also in its preliminary stage to integrate technology in teachings.
Let us move forward and see how a school can involve themselves to foster this 1:1 technology program in schools.
Fostering an environment to enable 1:1 technology program in schools
To reap the real benefits, the school environment must transform in many ways. A few of the significant transformation includes infrastructure, change in curriculum, leadership, support from the parents, and professional development.
The standard of technology landscape must get evolved in schools. The schools must upgrade the wireless networks and facilitate Internet access to the teachers and students as well.
The technology leaders and the stakeholders may help the teachers to shift the beliefs, authority, decision making, or the school culture in reference to technology integration.
In addition, to all these, the parents must be involved as the techno-partners for their children by introducing and encouraging at home.
And, the teachers must be provided with continuous learning opportunities because the comfort level of teachers reflect in the classroom learning.
Though there are several benefits, it is a fact to accept that technology will not alone create the revolution.
The teachers, parents, techno leaders, and the stakeholders’ involvement is necessary to realize the real benefits of technology integration at the school level.