Teachers and parents should work as partners. It is a learning phase throughout the day for children and not only at school hours. Spending quality time with your children after school hours is essential and expected by the teachers.
Here are a few things teachers want parents to do at home, know about teachers and support the child’s education.
Teachers are concerned about all the students in the classroom. They do give personal attention to students’ academic and overall progress. Indeed, they spend a lot of time preparing and teaching for the class and work beyond school hours. Also, they attend to parents call and concerns.
They carry a lot of responsibility in and outside the classroom for the well being of each student. At this juncture, if the parents can understand and extend their helping hand in the upbringing of the children, it would be a great success.
Behind the child’s success, the parents’ support and encouragement are expected from the teachers and is necessary to succeed. The teachers and parents relationship is essential.
Here are a few things that the teachers want parents to know and do at home to make the learning experience a success.
The parents are entrusted with the power to show the children unconditional love, acceptance, help them to be critical thinkers, hard-working and dedicated, persevere through the hard times.
A few of the things to help them in this course are briefed here.
Positive Parenting: Things Teachers Want Parents To Do At Home
It is crucial to learn lifelong skills at home too. At home, the parents are expected to reinforce the school learnings.
- Sit with your child and ask questions including surface and in-depth questions. Help them in reading and working out home assignments.
- Find out what interests more for your child and encourage them by providing the necessary accessories.
For instance, your child may like to draw. It is suggested that they are given all the accessories like calligraphy pens, different types of paints, sheets, boards, pencils, etc. You can even encourage them to join a painting class that takes an hour every week. Appreciate their small steps and learnings.
- Eat meals with your child at least once a day. Ask them general questions about their friends, classroom, conveyances, pocket money expenditure, and other small things. Though it may appear as small things, it helps to bond them with love, affection, and care. They feel comfortable to share things with you, otherwise, there is every chance that they conceal their emotional breakups and other things out of fear.
- Teach your child with time management skills. Help them to reach their target in studies, completion of homework, preparation for unit tests or exams, and so forth. Do not spoon feed them, but help them to arrive at the solutions with necessary hints and support.
- It is also observed that students lack focus during class hours as they do not sleep properly. It is necessary to have 6-8 hours of good night sleep to be active in the class the next day. Make your child sleep well and do not alter their routine sleep timings.
- It is interesting fact to help your child join extra classes like swimming, dance, music, sports, cycling, and so forth. That does not mean that you occupy them entirely with classes and study hours as they reach home. It is recommended not to overschedule their days. Give ample free time too.
- Keep a track on their food habits. Help them to eat healthy breakfast, lunch, dinner, and in between snacks. Give them knowledge about healthy food habits, small knowledge sharing like benefits of fruits, water, plants, animals, and the surroundings they are living. Keep discussing things with them often.
- Help your child to take the lead. For instance, when you are in a shopping mall, ask them to search and bring certain groceries. Help them to find the groceries and the way they are arranged. Let them decide their menu in a hotel and ask for it.
- Keep track of their test dates, parents meeting, a message to teachers, school friends, commuting friends, school diary, and more. You can help them with revision by downloading the ezeetest mobile app and practice regularly at home.
- A supportive relationship with the school and the teacher is essential. Do not criticize any of the teachers in front of the children. Understand and appreciate the demands of a teacher. Trust your child’s teacher. Support the teacher in case they take any disciplinary action.
These are some of the things the teacher wants parents to do at home. Parental support is necessary for the overall growth of a child.
The teacher and parents relationship is a powerful component of a child’s success.
Still, we find some parents who avoid visiting schools, do not communicate throughout the year with their teacher, do not make time to be with children after school hours, and grumble at the end of academics.
It is recommended for the parents to dedicate their time to visit schools often as required/asked, attend to teachers call, attend to the child at home, and support the child in every best way.