Are you a planner or a procrastinator?
You should be a Planner!
Your SSC Board Exam 2019 is approaching fast. I hope you all are preparing well in advance.
Still, as a reminder, here are few tips on Do’s and Don’ts while preparing for exams, the day before and also it for any time in general.
The day before your SSC Board Exam 2019 can make or break your exam performance, in case you carry exam anxiety.
As the clock tick-off in rhythm, the last day before your exam would arrive in no time. The day before, do not make a plan for long day cramming session with overconfidence expecting to cover up all the entire syllabus and the topics unattended by you.
“Planning A Day-Long Cramming Session Is A Big ‘NO! NO!”
Here are certain listed out Do’s and Don’ts while preparing for exams to make the most of your last full day for the SSC Board Exam 2019.
Things to Do: The Day Before Your SSC Board Exam
This is not the time to procrastinate, worrying, or getting overconfident for whatever you have done till the last hour by now. You have to chose the way by which you can count on more for this last day preparation.
- Continue your revision plan with full focus. Use active revision techniques like remember and note the critical points, revise the diagrams with labeling, go through the list of formulae, speak the learnings louder as if talking or you may talk to your family member too.
Follow the way of learning that suits better for you. Do not merely keep switching the pages hurriedly. You may forget it. Stay calm and cool.
- Gather what all you need for the next day. Keep your dress neatly ironed and ready. Check all your stationery items like geometry set, pens in 2 sets, a sharpened pencil, erasers, extra sets, admit card, and so forth. Get your shoes polished beforehand, confirm your commuting, check the route to the test center and time taken to reach there in case you are deputed to some other center.
- Eat healthily and stay healthy. It is recommended to drink sufficient water to ward off dehydration. Dehydration makes you stressed out and impairs concentration. You may get a headache too.
A high-performance healthy food comprises of a good source of protein for alertness, whole grain carbohydrates for energy sustenance, fruits and vegetables for increasing brain power.
- Do not sit inside your study room throughout the day. It may suffocate you. Get out of the place every hour and walk a little. You may also take a morning and evening walk and have fresh air.
This will soothe your mind and bring you more relaxation.
- A quick workout or play for half an hour will decrease exam-stress and anxiety. It improves your quality of sleep too.
- Go to bed early. Have a sound sleep. Get a full 7-8 hours of deep sleep. Help your brain to retain memory by giving an adequate rest period. Have a good night’s sleep.
Things Not to Do: The Day Before Your SSC Board Exam
It is essential to beware of certain things and avoid them during the 10th Board exam days and make it as a healthy routine throughout the academics as well.
- It is recommended to have an adequate sleep. Disturbed sleep, long waking hours would create an impact on general body health in the future. For many, it may be the cause of insomnia during later stages of life.
- Caffeine, though acts as a stimulant, higher doses lead to anxiety, headaches, dizziness, or jitters. It is found that caffeine interferes with the normal sleep and concentration ability. In sporadic cases, it affects heart rhythm. If you are anxious about your exam, then caffeine is not for you. It will worsen your situation.
- As a mandate, having a healthy diet is recommended throughout life, and not limited to exam time alone. A heavy meal during the 10th Board exam days will bring lethargy and drowsiness and hampers your speed of learning due to lesser concentration. It is recommended to have a decent meal that you always like.
- You may feel distracted and have a continuous urge to check the phone if the mobile is in your sight and mobile data is switched on. It hampers your study hours and you may forget the learnings. At the moment, you feel you have understood everything, but you will fail to recall as you did not concentrate at all. Cultivate the habit of using the mobile phone only during break hours or using the mobile app for online test series.
During the use of study app, it is better to switch off the mobile data and keep it in airplane mode so that you don’t get disturbed while attending your mock test/online test series or the practice tests using test-evaluation app.
- Do not become so chilled out too. Of course, seriousness towards exam is utmost needed. You should be dedicated, determined, and put all your sincere efforts for the exam.
- Do not stress yourself get frustrated. Take it with ease and learn at your pace with full spirit. Stress will create unwanted tensions and inefficient use of time. Time management is crucial to keep yourself away from stress.
Take Away Note:
Stay Focused and Perform Well in The Exam