It is easy to score good marks in your SSC Board exams, provided you are determined so.
Make a strict schedule of study hours, study seriously. Understand the concepts. Revise often. Be cool. Take advantage of technology too like revision apps.
And, that’s it.
Exams are always easy to deal with. But, anxiety is the culprit that makes the situation topsy-turvy.
A few of you may be preparing for Maharashtra State Board exams.
Though you have attended several exams before and aware that exams are important to review the gained knowledge and move forward, the call of the exam creates anxiety.
But, do not get worried at all. You can bag a good score of marks by creating a study-pattern and follow certain study tips.
The tips mentioned below could be incorporated in your study schedule prior to SSC Board Exams.
5 Study Tips to Prepare for Maharashtra State Board Exams:
1. Make Your Own Timetable:
It is recommended to prepare your own timetable for a minimum of three months. See that you include time for a snack, exercises, break, and any other routine, so that you can’t disturb the time in reality. Keep your timetable simple and realistic.
2. Prepare Short Notes:
I tell you, this is very effective and has done for myself from high school to college. Understand the concept of any subject you are studying.
- Make a short note for all long answers [there will be compulsory long answer questions].
- Draw all the diagrams [Biology] with labeling for quick revision [ Diagrams with labeling carries full marks].
- Write all the maths and physics formulae together to revise [writing a correct formula carries marks].
- Write chemistry equations together, so you can write the explanation on your own by seeing the equation[right equation carries more marks].
- Make a table for history dates and corresponding events for last minute revision [ you can easily get through one word or short answers].
- Repeat studying grammar for all the languages [grammar is easy to carry full marks].
3. Solve Practice Papers and Previous Year Question Papers:
Solving question papers help you to manage time and recall the whole syllabus either chapter-wise, quarterly, or for full academics.
You can make a study group with your friends and study together. It is recommended to make a group if it is in the school itself or don’t make groups where your friends home is situated far. You may waste your time for commuting and gathering. If it is in school, or your friends are nearby, it may help you.
Furthermore, we find educational apps these days that help you to revise the subjects systematically.
For instance: Ezeetest apps is an exam-prep app that evaluates your learnings. You can find online practice tests, online test series arranged chapter-wise and subject-wise. The tests could be customized too. Moreover, you can connect with your teacher for support.
You may also be interested in:
4. Eat and Sleep Well, Relax:
It is recommended to focus on what you know and stays positive. It will help to improve your weak areas too.
- Avoid last-minute cramming. You may fail to recall in the exam hall.
- Relax! Eat and sleep well throughout the preparation period.
- Exercise well, do pranayama, and take a break from long study hours.
5. Get All Your Accessories in Place:
It is necessary to carry a positive attitude. Do not make things confused at the last moment. Be prepared before time. Have all your accessories set right before the exam.
- Keep your clothes ready
- Carry extra pens and pencils
- Have a wristwatch to manage time
- Comfortable hair clips and studs for girls
- Preserve your hall ticket and do not forget to carry
- Keep the geometry set intact
These are general tips to keep in mind throughout the academics. Now, let us move forward and see certain hints/tips subject-wise.
Subject-wise Study Tips for Maharashtra State Board Exams:
History consists of full of dates, event, and period. It is necessary to repeat revision. You can make a table and include all the dates, event, and period with a corresponding short note.
Practice mapping of places on a plain map as much as possible. You can easily score full marks here without difficulty. Remember any places or monuments associated with it so you can recall easily.
For example, India Gate for Delhi, Charminar for Hyderabad, Gateway of India for Mumbai, and, etc.
Physics is one of the interesting subjects. It is important to understand the concept to score well. The question paper mainly consists of theorem based questions and problems to solve. Solve as many problems as you can. Understand the problem part by part so that you will be able to derive the given data and use the correct formulae.
In multiple choice questions, try to eliminate the wrong answers with reasons, rather than ticking any one of the answers by memory or choice.
Chemistry is the easiest of all the subjects if you show interest. It is the highest scoring subject.
Make a chart of formulae with names. Go through daily before bedtime. Just a glance will help you to recall at the right time.
Practice equations by writing, again and again, speaking louder. Understand the basics of a chemical reaction. You can easily implement with other equations.
- You will always get CO2 and alcohol as a byproduct during fermentation. You can simply put them on the product side, and just balance the equation with other product for no.of molecules.
- General molecular formula of any carbohydrate is CH2O.
You can always score full marks in mathematics. It needs practice, practice, and practice. Remember square roots and cube roots, so that you can easily use it in the exam hall rather than calculating it. Remember the formulae by writing it in a long-sheet and remembering any time.
Write down the basic formulae of algebra, trigonometry, and geometry. Questions are dependent on these formulae alone.
If you have decided to take up physical science like computers, statistics, literature, or any other subject in college, never mind. Do not ignore now. You have to study and score well in this subject too.
I understand Biology consists of mostly Latin or Greek words. It is easy to remember them by splitting them.
It consists of diagrams and diagrams. Draw all the diagrams with labeling and one function each. You can use it for revision before the exam. Make a chart for invertebrate phyla mentioning the name, meaning, unique features, classes[if it is up to order level, write orders also], examples, and, etc. and hang it on your room and keep seeing daily. By the time, your exam arrives, you will be an expert.
Language means grammar. A perfect grammar fetches you full marks.
- Memorise all grammar rules
- Learn the correct pronunciation
- Write difficult words repeatedly
- Remember the summary of the poem, you can easily write answers
- Read language textbooks often
In brief, what I want to say is that exams are easy. Do not make it difficult by getting panic. Take it as if it is another day to school.
Make a systematic study from the day one itself. If you allow daily 4-5 hours for studies apart from home assignment, it is more than sufficient.
Exam means to study throughout the year and not on the exam day.
Prepare well and do well in the exam.